Phcog.Net : Bringing Medicinal Plants Researchers Together
Phcog.net publishes peer-reviewed journals covering the aspect inter-linked with natural product drug development and its associated fields. The journals aim to offer high-quality content which is scientifically sound, reviewed and established to leverage the natural drug development.
Choosing Phcog.net for publication of your articles comes with various benefits. As we publish high impact journals, publishing the articles with us will fetch the right exposure and recognition for you.
We are driven by values
At Phcog.net, we maintain the high-quality standards in the journal publication process. Our impact factor journal is astutely peer-reviewed and edited before the final publication. The process carried out very meticulously and fairly as per the industry standards. The regress reviewing process makes the content more relevant to its research area and increases its viability. We follow the guidelines prescribed by the ICMJE or International Committee of Medical Journal Editor for our biomedical journals that substantiate the quality standards of our publication.
Recently Published Article
- Biological and chemical evaluation of some African plants belonging to Kalanchoe species: Antitrypanosomal, cytotoxic, antitopoisomerase I activities and chemical profiling using ultra-performance liquid chromatography/quadrupole-time-of-flight mass spectrometerPharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):6-15 Background: Human African trypanosomiasis is one of the most serious neglected tropical diseases causing fatal symptoms and death. Natural products are a main source for anti-infective metabolites. Objectives: The objective of the study is to evaluate eight different plants belonging to the Kalanchoe species growing in Egypt for antitrypanosomal, antimalarial, antileishmanial, […]
- Eriocitrin alleviates the arterial occlusion-mediated cerebral ischemic-reperfusion injury through the modulation of apoptotic proteins and immune markers in micePharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):193-199 Background: Stroke is ranked on top of the persistent ailments associated with the brain. The incidence of ischemic stroke is rapidly rising along with intensified mortality as well as permanent disability conditions. However, tissue plasminogen activator (tissue-type plasminogen activator) is the only FDA-approved treatment for the treatment of stroke with decreased […]
- Retraction: Protective effect of viburnum grandiflorum against ultraviolet B radiation-induced cellular and molecular changes in human epidermal keratinocytesPharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):207-207
- Bilobalide, a bioactive compound on sepsis-induced acute lung injury through its anti-inflammatory and antioxidative activityPharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):163-169 Background: Sepsis, one of the major life-threatening conditions and responsible for approximately 40% of clinical Acute Lung Injury (ALI) patients. Nevertheless, there are no specific medications available to reduce mortality. Bilobalide, a natural bioactive component present in Ginkgo biloba, has several medicinal properties. However, the effect of Bilobalide against ALI residues […]
- Salidroside induces apoptosis and autophagy in gastric cancer cells via regulation of mitogen-activated protein kinases signaling pathwayPharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):179-185 Background: Salidroside, an active ingredient of Rhodiola rosea, exhibits antiproliferative effect in gastric cancer (GC) cells. However, the involvement of salidroside in apoptosis and autophagy of GC cells has not been elucidated. Materials and Methods: Cell viability of BGC-823 cells was assessed by CCK-8 assay, and apoptosis was analyzed with terminal […]
- Skin-healing properties of ginsenoside Rd against Ultraviolet-B-induced photooxidative stress through up-regulation of antioxidant components in HaCaT keratinocytesPharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):134-139 Background: Korean ginseng (Panax ginseng Meyer) is a traditional herbal medicine used worldwide today. Ginsenoside Rd (Rd), one of its main ginsenosides, has been ascertained to have various pharmacological efficacies including neuroprotective and anti-inflammatory activities. Objectives: This work assesses the antioxidant and protective potentials of Rd against ultraviolet (UV)-B-induced skin photooxidative […]
- Chemical profile and anxiolytic- and anticonvulsant-like effects of Miconia albicans (Sw.) Triana (Melastomataceae) leaves in adult zebrafishAimêe Veras Alexandre, Fernanda Mota de Castro, Francisco Lucas Alves Batista, Sacha Aubrey Alves Rodrigues Santos, Francisco Rogênio da Silva Mendes, Nidyedja Goyanna Gomes Gonçalves, Ana Cristina de Oliveira Monteiro-Moreira, Ana Sheila Queiroz de Souza, Kirley Marques Canuto, Francisco Ernani Alves Magalhães, Adriana Rolim CamposPharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):146-153 Background: Miconia albicans is a vegetable widely […]
- Pharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):51-57 Background: Globally, lung cancer is the second most cause of deaths, which accounts for approximately 29% of the cancer cases worldwide. d-Carvone is considered a vital constituent of many essential oils with immense pharmacological benefits. Objective: In this study, we examined the immunomodulatory effect of d-carvone in the Swiss albino mice […]
- β-caryophyllene, a natural bicyclic sesquiterpene, induces apoptosis by inhibiting inflammation-associated proliferation in MOLT-4 leukemia cellsXuezhong Gu, Xiangmei Yao, Jian Mei, Haitao He, Xiaoli Gao, Yunyun Du, Jie Zhao, Liangyun Zhao, Xun Lai, Keqian ShiPharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):58-66 Background: Leukemia is known to be a common type of cancer mostly affecting children. The standard therapeutic treatment available for leukemia has many drawbacks with serious side effects. Therefore, plant-based chemotherapeutic agents […]
- Caffeic acid treatment augments the cell proliferation, differentiation, and calcium mineralization in the human osteoblast-like MG-63 cellsPharmacognosy Magazine 2021 17(73):38-44 Background: Osteoporosis is an imperative health problem that extremely distresses the public that leads to a higher risk to the bones from both spontaneous and accidental bone fractures. Caffeic acid is a polyphenol compound that happens naturally in numerous vegetables such as coffee beans, potatoes, propolis, olives, and carrots with many […]